Friday, July 29, 2011

Business Cards

This is the same card. It has a back. It had
Too much information, and was not printed
on recycled paper. Also, SLC made me get rid of
the name SLC Composting because of "Legal Issues"


My very first business card ever was just a microsoft word document on which I printed several "cards" and cut them with a scissors. I can remember the days I felt so special for having these types of cards too. I went through a lot of different names for this composting facility. First was SLC Composting, then Worm Compost, Inc. (I think), then some other names I can't remember, and then onto the business cards that said SLC Composting. I resorted back to these after SLC would no longer allow me to use that name SLC Composting. Then I tried SLEA black gold for (Sarah Lawrence Environmental Action). Then it was Black Gold, Inc.. After that we evolved to ECOlasante Compost briefly, and then to the current Eli's Compost.
A close-up of the microsoft word
Document I made



The very first business card to actually get
printed on a real card. I only paid for the
shipping on these guys.








Here are some of the Business cards of the past... The classics!! I'll post up the one that's most current now!! Before these cards existed, I had slips of paper. Those got me to this really awesome contest with a bunch of other contestants with the Economist Magazine in Washington DC. The current one will be up in the next post!

I was going to incorporate this, and I did, but

now I've changed that and am going for a club
at SLC. I think it will be a not-for-profit once it grows, 
but for now, I like the collaborative, club atmosphere
and the idea of just integrating it with class curricula
at SLC. It will still run like a business in the sense of
keeping costs below revenues, but I don't plan on paying
myself or anyone else. Not until it can actually make the money





No comments:

Post a Comment